Not too many people enjoy the chore of vacuuming their home or office. However, those that do make the effort to regularly vacuum are undoubtedly ahead of the pack in regards to living/working in a more hygienically clean environment. The main reason we tend to vacuum is for the sake of appearance (aesthetic reasons) and if this is our primary motivation to vacuum, then great, at least you’re on the right path. But do you know WHY its not just about how your carpets look to the naked eye that’s important, it’s the underlying reason WHY you should vacuum regularly that’s the most critical aspect vacuuming.
Carpet on the floor basically absorbs dirt, soil, air pollutants/gases, human and animal bacteria, among many other things. Recent research indicates that almost 78% of soiling in carpets can be removed with regular vacuuming using a vacuum with a strong rotator brush head and an effective filtration system. Ideally a vacuum with an absolute HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter is best, as it will capture up to 97% dust. HEPA filters trap small particles that may cause problems for allergy sufferers, thus HEPA is a type of filter that can trap a large amount of very small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air (that smell when you vacuum is a giveaway). So with regular vacuuming (at least weekly in most residential properties and more often in commercial) you are actually reducing or eliminating these unhygienic dust/soil particles and therefore will improve the air quality to avoid the recycling of such particles back into your environment.
Helpful Vacuuming Hints:
- Your vacuum should have a strong rotator brush head to assist agitate the carpet fibre, which in turn loosens the soil particles allowing for greater soil removal
- Regularly cut away the build up of hair, threads, string, from the rotator brush head (also preserving life of vacuum motor)
- Clean the air filter as per manufacturers requirements
- Empty the vacuum cleaner bag when it’s ½ to ¾ full. Again research suggest once the bag is close to 75% capacity, then its REDUCING the vacuum pickup/sucking by almost 80%
- Use the vacuum specialised attachments’ for their purpose. They are designed to assist you keep your environment hygienically clean
CPH Carpet Cleaning Services is dedicated to improving and maintaining the hygiene in your environment. If you would like additional information on how to keep your carpets hygienically clean all year round please feel welcome to contact us.
Happy Vacuuming From The CPH Services Team!